Archive for the ‘Office Supplies’ Category
Why Water bottles? Because they make sense and cents. We installed a water filtration system in our office to reduce waste and cost. Just another step in our quest to be environmentally and economically responsible. We are also a Salt Lake City certified e2 Business.
Our philosophy is that making money and preserving the environment are not mutually exclusive ideas, in fact, they can go together. This allows us to be very competitive on pricing for our customers and still provide the services you need. Your company will reduce its environmental impact by doing business with us.
Here are a few of the things Granite Office Supplies is doing right now to GO green:
1. Paperless invoicing and statements – less paper, less mail, less resources used for delivery and quicker retrieval by customers
2. Natural Gas Delivery Vehicles – significant reduction in emissions, reduced delivery costs which allow us to provide free delivery and maintain our free same day delivery policy (once you go to same day delivery you will wonder what you did without it)
3. Rocky Mountain Power Blue Sky Business Partner – in May of 2009 Granite Office Supplies committed to offset at least 50% of our electricity with wind power credits (granted, this one does cost us more, but we want to reduce our environmental impact)
4. Free pickup of empty toner cartridges – toner cartridges are very easily recycled and should never be thrown away, just have them available for our drivers the next time he brings a delivery
5. Free pickup of used cardboard boxes – we use a lot of them for deliveries and it keeps costs down if we don’t have to buy them
6. Updated Recycling program – we are proud to announce we now recycle most of our waste at work. We have a recycling dumpster similar to what most people use at their home. Our landfill waste has been reduced drastically with this new change.
7. No more bottled water at our warehouse – we purchased reusable water bottles for all our employees (and for promotional purposes) along with installing a water purification system. Tasty water, less waste and less cost. So on our checklist to see if a practice makes sense that’s win-win-win. That’s a keeper.
e2 stands for:
- environmentally sustainable
- economically sustainable
We are committed to providing products that meet our customers needs and meet the e2 criteria. With Granite Office Supplies you won’t have to pay extra to help the environment. We will continue to search for and offer products that help you get your work done in an e2 way.
Once you enter your bracket make sure you like us on Facebook (you can’t win if you don’t like us, sorry haters) and stay tuned for the games starting on Thursday!!
We are excited to announce our inaugural Office Supply Showdown where the greatest office item in the country will be chosen! From our catalog of over 40,000 items only 64 have gotten to this point and the tournament is about to begin. Here is the basic idea, but you can also read the official rules in our helpful Bracket Packet (last page).
- Anyone 18 or older with a valid Facebook account can enter so let your friends know. Must like Granite Office Supplies on Facebook & must be a legal resident of the U.S.A. (Sorry, not shipping anything around the world)
- Fill out a bracket sheet and submit your entry through our Bracket manager page. To prepare yourself for the matchups you can use the Official Office Supply Showdown bracket packet and then enter your picks on our Bracket manager page. Brackets must be submitted by 9 am Thursday March 21. Don’t forget to enter a number between 1-100 in case of a tie. How you determine winners is completely up to you, but you should do your best to predict how the competition will go.
- The games will start on Thursday and will be played on our Facebook page. We will post images of the matchups throughout the day (official start times can be found on the handy Bracket Packet) and you can vote by commenting on the image. Only one vote per person per matchup. The games for that day will end at 10 pm. Votes will be counted and the winners determined. There will be an Official Score Bracket posted on our bracket manager page and a leaderboard will allow you to track your scores.
- Round 1 will happen March 21 & 22
- Round 2 will be on March 23
- Round 3 will be March 28 & 29
- Round4 will be March 30
- Round 5 will be April 4
- Championship game will be April 5
- The winner will be determined by the total points scored on the bracket they entered in our Bracket Manager page. Person with the most points wins. Winner of the Office Supply Showdown 2013 will receive an iPad.
Take advantage of this offer while you can. Get $40 cash back from HP when you buy 2 of the same toner. This offer is only good during the month of January and can be redeemed 2 times. Click here for the rebate form and details.
From January through March you can get $40 gift cards to Home Depot, Bed Bath and Beyond or Subway every time you purchase 3 of the same toner. This offer is limited to 2 redemptions during the period. Click here for the rebate form.
During this quarter you can also get $20 cash back when you buy the toner and printer together on the same invoice. A way to save some money. Click here for the rebate form.